Thursday, March 25, 2010

Prepare Now for the Temple Later

Last night at Wednesday night mutual was so much fun! The leaders put together what we called, "Prepare Now for the Temple Later." The girls were able to be there with their moms and learn more about future husbands and expectations they have for themselves. There were several girls without moms there with them. The leaders served as their substitute mothers. One of the girls came to me and asked me to be her mom. I was flattered!

The first activity was a question-and-answer game. Alayna asked a question and the girls were to answer it with flash cards marked A, B, or C. The mothers were to show their cards as well as to what they thought their daughters would answer. I think we did a very good job... 9 out of 12.

The second activity was to dress our daughters in their wedding dress... toilet paper style. I helped my daughter and I started wrapping the tp around her chest and upper arms. Then I realized that she wouldn't be able to move her arms that way. So I moved it under her arms and wrapped it down to her waist. It ended up looking sort of like an off-the-shoulder dress but her shoulders were covered. Does that make sense? I then took strips of tp and hung them for the skirt part in a hula-skirt style. Then we took one square (my daughter's brilliant idea!) and made her a ring. Then we made a bouquet out of the tp cardboard roll and squares of tp bunched up. She was adorable!!!



We then went back to the RS room and Alayna shared Jackie's experience of the first time she went to the temple. It was so nice and spiritual! The girls learned so much about themselves and their mothers. The mothers learned a lot about their daughters as well.

This has been one of my most favorite activities! I really hoped the daughters enjoyed it as much as the mothers.

1 comment: