Thursday, June 10, 2010

Year 2 of being an Educator

Today I went to sign my teaching contract for next school year.  Mr. Williams (the principal) said, "Hey, Ms. Prince." as I passed his office.  Then, "Oh, Ms. Prince, don't leave after seeing Mrs. Fox.  I need to talk to you."  "OK!" was my response.  Inside, "Oh no!!!"  I was so scared that he was going to give me some bad news.  I could not imagine what since the worst thing would be, "You're fired!"  I knew that was not it since I was told to see Mrs. Fox first.  Oh, Mrs. Fox is the bookkeeper; she had our contracts.  Anyways, I signed four copies of my contract and tried on the new staff shirt.  I told her my size, and by that time Mr. Williams was sitting in Mrs. Fox's office.  He was talking so I waited for him to finish, and just as I was about to say, "You needed to see me?"   He said, "Oh, yeah.  Um... next year, you are going to teach AP Reading."  I was blown away!!!  I was speechless, flattered, highly complemented.  I just said, "Okay!" in an excited manner.  He continued to tell me that a training meeting would be held in July, like the 17th or 20-something.  I said, "I hope it's the 20-something because I just booked a flight to Idaho to see my sisters."  He ended up getting up and going to his computer to check his email.  Turns out, the training is on July 19.  I will be on a plane home that day!  Figures!  He did not seem upset, though.  He just said he would email the lady and we would figure something out. 

So... I will be teaching AP Reading next year.  Another teacher (Mrs. Freeman) will be teaching the AP English.  I just cannot believe this.  It is like a dream come true!!!  I am so thrilled.  Now... to figure out what I will be teaching... hahahaha!!!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! I think we called it AP Lit when i was in school. I really liked it. Although I had a LAME teacher. So I am SURE you will be way better than her. I will have to tell you some of the stories cuz I am sure you will laugh with dismay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! You deserve to teach AP classes. You have worked hard and therefor you are rewarded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome for you - that is a huge compliment and you will do great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I am so excited! I found out it should be 2 AP classes, so that means 4 regular classes. BUT... the kids that are inclusion (sped) will not be in there. They will all be in another class. What does that mean for me? Discipline issues are down. YAY!!!

    ReplyDelete