Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I can only be vague to you...

I just want to shout.  Scream loud and holler!  So many emotions and things to do right now.  So many questions to ask, but I can't.  I have decided that I am a very analytical person.  Too analytical!!!  I wish I could just relax and enjoy life.  I also wish I could be bold without regrets.  If this were me, I would just walk up to people and voice my opinion or whatever.  Why not?  Why can't I do this?  Because I WILL make a fool of myself.  I will embarrass myself and then have to crawl up under a rock.  There would also be too many witnesses.  There are always be watching, which means I have to be extra careful.  Too many people judging me.  Too many people thinking I should do certain things in certain ways.  You may be thinking, "What are you talking about, Liz?"  Well, one of the allusive things would be the judgmental people thinking I should not spank my daughter.  I would like to say to them, "I am not spanking your child.  Better yet, I am not spanking you!"  I mean, seriously, what does it really matter to you how I raise my child. It does not effect how you live.  In fact, it helps you better listen in church.  So don't judge.  You are not God.  No, that is not the ONLY thing I am hinting at here, but that is all I am going to tell you.  Mainly because I want to type this out.  It helps me to get my feelings and stuff out on paper.  Yes, that is part of why I am an English teacher.  I did not enjoy writing until later in life.  Ya know, middle age.  :)  There are so many things I want to get off my chest and say or scream, but, alas, I will not.  Mainly because I just said alas.  Also because I am a stupid, stupid girl.  I should probably erase all of this babbling.  However, I am just a few seconds away from pushing Publish Post because it would defeat the purpose of typing all of this if I did not push the button.

9 comments:

  1. Don't erase this, Liz! Keeping this post up is the first step toward being more assertive. It's okay to be like that sometimes. Believe it or not, but that's one of my biggest struggles, too. Caring what other people think so much so that it can be paralyzing.

    For what it's worth, I admire you. I could never conduct my life in such a dignified and productive way. Team Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks! You are too sweet! Oh, and I admire you. You stick to your guns, and that is admirable!

    BTW... I feel better now that I had some Dulce de Leche Haagen Dazs. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off.... YOU ARE NOT STUPID> Don't call yourself stupid. Your behavior or action may not be the smartest at the time, but you are not stupid. So I say take that part of you post down, but leave the rest of the post up.

    Child rearing is hard, really hard. That is all I can say. Nothing else can top that statement.

    As to the vagueness.... well... Life is hard. Just remember there is lots of silly and fun that make it more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you, Luna! You are the greatest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a great writer like you and Julia, so I'll just say ditto. If I call, will you tell me the secret? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you are going through a rough time. I do admire all you do for being a single mom and raising Reina and working! That is a lot in and of itself, so anything on top of that you should get a gold star and a pay raise :) Life always has something to make you feel a little better..like your icecream :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. sam- haha! yes, but i think you already know.

    cara- i will be fine. just needed to vent, and thank you. too bad i took a pay cut. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. People need to mind their own business!! If more people would spank their children there might not be so many unruly children!

    You are doing a great job with Reina and she is lucky to have you for a Mom!!

    ReplyDelete