Sunday, May 16, 2010

Renovation Part Dos

Well, I forgot to mention the adrenaline-pumping adventure we had yesterday. Mom, Patti, and I went to the backyard and started straightening up some. There was a tarp in the corner of the yard by the fence. This tarp is from last summer when we were trying to get the pool in my yard. Well, we were trying to decide whether to keep the tarp or throw it away. We decided to chunk it, and mom started to toss the tarp up. I walked past the other side and was going to help her fold it up BUT... (dum dum dum...) instead I said, "Snake! There is a snake in there!" I started to run into the house, and we tried to get Antoinette's nephew into the house, but he would not move. So Mom told me to take him in the house. I grabbed him and ran. I asked the carpet guys, "Either of you know how to kill a snake?" They went outside.

Since I was inside the house, the only thing I saw was a snake slithering through the cracks of my back fence. Mom, Patti, and the carpet guys all agreed that the first snake was about an inch in diameter and about 3 or so feet long. When that went slithered away, one of the guys said, "There is another one!" They said that one was bigger... about 4 ft long and maybe 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter. It too went through the slats of the fence and to the ditch behind my house.

Now I am too scared to go in the back yard or let Reina back there. Snakes! Really?

I also found out today that I am going to have to get a new air conditioner unit. Jamie is going to replace all of it and add more duct work to the front of the house so that the living room is not so stifling.

None of this could ruin my day, though... I feel like I am floating!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... snakes... Do you have any idea what type of snakes they were?

    ReplyDelete
  2. King Snakes. At least, that is what the carpet guys said. We think they were eating the mice. There is a field and a ditch behind my house... they all come from there.

    ReplyDelete